Thursday 4 May 2017

Recipe: Lotus Biscoff (Caramelised Biscuit) Flapjacks

Now I don't normally make a habit of writing recipes, but given the amount of people asking for one since I posted a picture of my homemade flapjacks on Instagram yesterday I thought I'd make an exception.

I must look like a Biscoff addict, considering the only other (non-protein) recipe I've posted on here was the no-bake Biscoff cheesecakes I made for Christmas Day. I've been experimenting with the spread actually, and also made Biscoff cupcakes* for Bert's Birthday using She Who Bakes' recipe.

Anyway, I'd been craving gooey homemade flapjacks for a while and wondered whether Biscoff flapjacks would work. It just turns out that they were the best damn flapjacks I've ever made! If you're a fellow Biscoff addict then please do give this easy-peasy recipe a go. 


Ingredients (makes 8)

  • 125g  Biscoff (I used smooth but I imagine crunchy would work just as well
  • 125g  Butter
  • 125g Golden Syrup
  • 50g Soft brown sugar
  • 250g  Porridge oats
Method
Heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (180°C/ fan 160°C). I lined two loaf tins with baking paper, but I imagine a 20cm square cake tin would also work. 

Gently heat the butter, Biscoff, syrup and sugar together in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the better has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Pour in the oats and stir once more until the oats are fully coated. Turn off the heat. 

Pour the mixture into your tins and press down with the back of the spoon/spatula, making sure it's packed together. 

Bake in the oven for 25ish minutes -my oven is temperamental so I always have to guess- I suggest that you keep checking after 20 minutes. You want the mixture to be slightly firm to the touch, but not completely solid, as it will set further as it cools and we're aiming for a soft, chewy flapjack here. 

Remove from the oven and cut into squares/rectangles (or triangles if you fancy) with a sharp knife. Leave to cool in the tin. 

Enjoy!

*Here's how the cupcakes turned out...




1 comment:

  1. These sound amazing- I still remember the flapjacks you made me last year, SO good! xx

    ReplyDelete