Saturday 8 April 2017

NEW! Green Apple Moose Juice (Online)

I was just leaving my house the other day for the gym when I spotted a note through my letterbox from a courier, who had assumed I was out and had left a parcel in our safe place. Goddamnit Bert, I asked you if you were expecting something and you said no! I quickly had to retract my nagging thoughts though when I found a box with my name on, bound together by Muscle Moose tape. What could it be? I didn’t know that they were sending me anything. The weights would have to wait. I needed to know what the mystery parcel contained…

A case of Moose Juice Extreme Energy, and their new green apple flavour at that! Now I’ve seen their energy drinks on many Instagram feeds but haven’t tried any before. I was excited by them though, especially given that my weekly Friday morning treat is a can of Monster Ultra to kick-start my lecture.


For those of you who also haven’t tried Moose Juice, I’ll let Muscle Moose fill you in:

“Moose Juice Extreme Energy is a sparkling energy drink with added BCAAs and B-Vitamins. Low calorie, zero fat and zero sugar – Moose Juice is your new best friend for an energy boost without the crash.”

Each can contains 200mg of caffeine, 8mg of vitamin B6, and just 15kcal.

I’m not fond of having fizzy drinks before working out, and I’m trying to cut down my caffeine consumption in the afternoon, so I decided to wait until the following morning before opening a Moose Juice. I cracked open the first cold can just when I needed the extra energy after walking the dog and settling down to do uni work.


I expected the liquid to be green, but instead it was clear. Flavour-wise the apple was a balanced mixture between sour and sweet (despite the lack of aspartame).  I could taste the taurine in the background though, so imagine a Red Bull-Apple Tango hybrid and you’ll have a fair idea of what to imagine.

I didn’t expect my face to tingle though, which it did. At the time I wondered if I was imagining it, but whilst writing this up I read the warning: ‘Long term intake of 10mg of vitamin B6 may lead to mild tingling and numbness’. I don’t take any additional vitamins (anymore) but it happened again when I had my second can yesterday morning -alongside my Peanut Butter Cup Muscle Mousse proats. It didn’t last long so I don’t imagine it’s anything to worry about, but for those of you who are on extra vitamins or are sensitive to vitamin B6, it might be something worth bearing in mind.



As an energy drink it’s rather good, and the extra BCAAs are welcome too (especially the day after leg day 😉). Moose Juice is also available in Blue Raspberry & Berry, and is available in cases from their website as well as in single can format from reputable retailers such as CNSport.

8/10


Thank you Muscle Moose for the samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment