Friday 6 January 2017

Dr Zak's Chocolate Fudge Brownie High Protein Peanut Spread (Online)

I've reviewed one of Dr Zak's high protein peanut spreads before, last time it was the Banoffee Pie flavour and this time it's Chocolate fudge brownie's turn. You guys should know by now how much I love chocolate and peanut butter together, so It seemed like the logical next flavour to try. 




I was impressed by Dr Zak's Banoffee Pie peanut spread, so I was looking forward to this chocolate fudge brownie flavour. As with all quality nut butters the jar needed a good stir once open to rectify the natural separation of oils that occurs.



The spread smelt enticingly of chocolate and was a rich dark colour. Once mixed, the consistency became how I like it: spreadable and not sloppy or too stiff. As with every protein enhanced peanut butter I've tried thus far there was a slight grainy grittiness from the whey protein that some may find off putting. I personally don't mind it though, after all it's the nutty flavour that I love, and with 7g of protein per 20g serving it's a great treat to enjoy pre or post workout.



The chocolate and peanut worked in harmony together, although the cocoa was the slightly more dominant flavour. It's a moreish spread, especially for chocolate & peanut butter lovers, and it certainly tastes like it contains much more sugar than it actually does (1.4g per 20g). My favourite ways to enjoy this spread include slathering it on apple slices, or popping it into a toastie with sliced banana! Dr Zak's spreads are available at most reputable Sports Nutrition retailers.


Who makes your favourite protein nut butters? Any suggestions for my next jar of Dr Zak's? I keep hearing how great the salted caramel flavour is...

7/10

Macros per 100g: 537 kcal/ P:35/ C:15/ F 36.3

No comments:

Post a Comment