Saturday 31 December 2016

NEW! Guylian Caramel Belgian Chocolate Bar

Happy New Year all! I know many of you are glad to see the year out, although I must admit that I've had a blast over the past 12 months. I hope 2017 is full of mischief, fun and adventures for you and I both! Cheers!

So let me conclude 2016's reviews the same way I finished 2015's: with a chocolate bar of course. It's not a white chocolate one this year, although it is another bargain find -courtesy of Del Boy's market stall of course. I think these Guylian Caramel bars were 3 or 4 for £1, although I bought them a month or so back so please forgive my lack of clarity.

Guylian is one of those brands that always come out at Christmas (with the Terry's and Pringles), and although I've seen their plain praline bar before, I hadn't spotted this caramel version. 

"Belgian Milk Chocolate with Caramel Filling (42%)."

The bar comprised of 4 square shaped segments, each topped with classic Guylian designs. At only 36g, it was far from the biggest bar, but looked delicious.

Breaking a segment in two revealed a gooey golden interior, thinly cased by the chocolate outer. I'm not sure there's much point in me describing the taste of their chocolate, but for any of you who haven't tried it, it's extremely silky with an easy melt. 


Unfortunately the sheer sugariness of the inner caramel tipped the balance well into sickly territory. With more chocolate and less filling this might have worked better, but it's still a reasonably enjoyable bar.

7/10

See you all next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment