Thursday 23 June 2016

Megaload Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter Cups (American Fizz)

You're probably bored of me telling you about just how much I love Reese's peanut butter cups. Admittedly they might not be the best quality chocolate on the market, but there's something deliciously satisfying about the combination of salty- peanut butter encased in waxy super-sweet milk chocolate that I just can't get enough of. Even better if it's white chocolate doing the wrapping. Anyway, despite loving Reese's as much as I do, sometimes its good to have a change. Normally I have M&S' 'The Nutty One' in reserve for such occasions, but I spotted these Megaload peanut butter cups on American Fizz and, at 99p per pack, I decided to give them a go! 




Each peanut butter cup was topped with a different flavour pretzel: peanut butter, milk chocolate and white fudge -sounds good, right?




I was a bit baffled when I sliced each cup in two; where was the bright orange peanut butter centre that I've grown accustomed to? I hoped that Megaload had just opted for the more natural approach...





Unfortunately not. The coating was inferior quality, making Reese's look like the Hotel Chocolat of the American chocolate market. The peanut butter was non-existant -I literally couldn't taste it against the cheap tasting chocolate- and to finish things off the pretzel was stale and had lost its crunch.


So much for my venture into something new. Sometimes the original is just the best, as Nibs also recently found out with these dire butterscotch peanut butter cups. Reese's will you forgive me for deserting you*?


2/10


*albeit briefly! 



No comments:

Post a Comment