Monday 20 June 2016

Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookies (American Fizz)

Did you know that iconic American crisp manufacturers Frito Lay also make cookies? I didn't until I ordered these Grandma's Cookies and spotted the logo on the back of the packet. The Grandma's range includes a whole host of classic flavours such as Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Chip, but of course I opted for my favourite: peanut butter. What else!




The suggested serving size is one cookie, but the pack contains two. Don't you hate it when they do that? As soon as I ripped the pack a potent peanut buttery aroma escaped and I realised that there was little hope of me being able to eat just one. They were smaller than your average supermarket bakery cookie, but quite a bit thicker. They were crumbly and soft, squidgy enough to bend slightly before snapping.



Wow! There was no hiding from the punchy peanut butter flavour. The Americans are so much better at utilising my favourite spread to its full potential than us Brits. The nutty, sweet cookies were slightly cakey thanks to their thickness, whilst being chewy and oh-so comforting to munch on -I savoured every last bite. How anyone could eat just one at a time I'll never know. The only way I could think of improving Grandma's peanut butter cookies would be by adding chunky nut pieces, but that's really just me being pernickety.




They tasted even better than the Lenny and Larry's complete peanut butter cookie, and at 59p per pack from American Fizz they are a damn site cheaper too. I know I'll be buying more with my next order! Pass me my debit card won't you?

10/10

*or potato chip, depending on which side of the Atlantic you're sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment