Sunday 3 April 2016

Nestle Butterfinger (B&M)

A few weeks ago, when I wrote about Bud's Best Butterfinger Cookies, I mentioned that I'd never tried a Butterfinger before -a comment that I received a bit of stick of for on Twitter! How could I love peanut butter and never have tried a Butterfinger, or a Zagnut for that matter? 

Under orders to get up to speed with peanut butter bars ASAP, I went on a hunt for Nestle's Butterfinger. Returning to Tesco I discovered that they've recently amended their American range and are no longer selling them. I'm still working my way through my February American Fizz order, so I thought that I'd just have to wait. As luck would have it, and just as I'd given up, I stumbled across Butterfinger bars in B&M for a very reasonable 79p!



One of the things I've noticed about American Foodstuffs recently, is that their product names can be very vague -and the Butterfinger is no exception:

"Bolder than bold cravings can’t be contained. Especially when they’re this crispety, crunchety and peanut-buttery. So go on and indulge yourself in the one of a kind taste of an all American classic that can never be replaced."

Thanks for that insight Nestle! It's crispy, crunchy and peanut-buttery, rather similar to the Reese's Crispy Crunchy then?

The long finger bar was covered in a smooth milk chocolate covered coating. Once sliced into, I realised just how crunchy the inside was, as it splintered upon impact, sending shards of orange coloured candy across the table. 


The first taste to hit me was the overwhelming sweetness. The peanut butter centre was reminiscent of solid candy floss, which morphed into a highly adhesive toffee-like substance as soon as it reached my mouth. I mean, it stuck to everything! The peanut butter flavour was also strong, but like the chocolate coating it was completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of sugar!

I'm afraid that I didn't enjoy the Butterfinger in the slightest. The bar contains a whopping 23.8g of sugar per bar, and it's very evident in the taste. Munching the bar made my teeth ache so much that I felt the need of a Dentist on standby. Not one for me.

1/10*

*a generous scored based on the fact that I managed to eat all of it, just.


No comments:

Post a Comment