Thursday 24 March 2016

NEW! Snickers Crisper (American Fizz)

How is it possible that new British food can take up to six months to reach our little city, yet I can have delivered a new American chocolate bar in far less time? The new Snickers crisper was launched in November 2015, and I bought it from American Fizz in February. 




Anyway, I digress, did you know that Snickers is the fastest selling singles bar in the U.S? Well according to Mars it is


"Crispy satisfaction is on the horizon with new SNICKERS® Crisper - a delicious combination of crisped rice and peanuts topped with a layer of caramel and coated in creamy SNICKERS® Brand milk chocolate."
This snickers is in the same format as their wonderful Peanut Butter squared bar*, with two individual chocolate covered cubes. Once sliced, the even layers of peanuts, rice, caramel and chocolate became apparent. 



The chocolate was noticeably worse quality than what we're used to in the UK, something I can easily forgive Reese's for, but not Mars. I think it's because the company also makes my favourite British chocolate (Galaxy) and so I know they're capable of something better than this!



Fortunately the other components were far more enjoyable: the oozy caramel above the peanuts and puffed rice- which were both as crispy as promised. The ratio of each element worked well together, but I can't help thinking that the bar could've benefitted from some extra saltiness to balance out the sweetness, perhaps in the caramel layer.

I'm glad I tried this bar, it's novel, but I probably wouldn't buy it again in all honesty. If I was hankering for another American crunchy peanut chocolate bar, I'd rather a Take 5.

6/10


*I was fortunate enough to be sent the yummy Snickers PB Squared by fellow blogger One Treat & you can read a fair review of the bar by Nibs 'N' Scribs here

4 comments:

  1. Do you remember a UK bar ... Snickers cruncher?! It was about 5 years ago and was amazing. And yes, they discontinued it :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't! What made it cruncher? It's always the way.. Fuse bars, Mars delight, snowflake, marble.. Boo.

      Delete
    2. It had a less gooey centre and more nuts I think. I loved them. I miss the fuse and snowflake sooooo much. Not to mention the Wispabite!

      Delete
  2. :-(

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SNICKERS-CRUNCHER-bars-each-grams/dp/B0031HCPUM

    ReplyDelete