Sunday 14 February 2016

Reese's Puffs Cereal

Valentine Day is upon us again. Sigh. It's one of the few celebration days that I really can't get along with. Perhaps my resentment is fuelled by the residual envy of watching pretty girls receive their cards and gifts at school, but really I think it's more to do with the idea that love can be expressed through presents and gifts -absolute tosh. Love is kindness, understanding and friendship, not something that can be bought. 

I feel like such a hypocrite this year though, because for the first time in our 8 year relationship I requested a cheeky little something from my other half, and of course it involved my two other major love interests: chocolate and peanut butter. I've been hankering after the Reese's Puffs for a long time, but at £5 a box I couldn't justify the extra expense over standard cereal. So I guess he must really love me, as for the first time this morning I got to get my lips around the famous American breakfast treat -hurrah!


The little peanut buttery and chocolatey balls were a similar size and shape to Nesquik, and as soon as I opened the plastic wrapper I was greeted by the familiar nutty scent that never gets old, making me all the more excited to get stuck in.


After my long wait, I wasn't disappointed; both flavours were well represented in a gloriously comforting manner. The cereal was so moreish that I ended up enjoying another bowl mid-morning -although that might just be my sugar cravings kicking in, 'cause boy it was sweet! 

If you're a fellow peanut butter obsessive with a sweet tooth then I implore you to fork out the extra couple of quid to try a bowl (or ten!) of Reese's puffs. Yum! Best Valentines Day ever, thank you sweetpea!

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment