Thursday 31 December 2015

White Chocolate Twix (99p Stores)

Happy New Years Eve Ladies and Gents, I hope you all have a fabulous day and evening celebrating the end of 2015. It seems only right to finish the year with a chocolate-y review! 

So, our little City has its own Saturday market complete with a foodie 'Del Boy.' Each week he pitches up, and you never know what he's going to stock. Some weeks its Lindt chocolate, others its just broken biscuits and out-of-date Easter Eggs. About a year ago though, I hit the jackpot and bought from him some continental chocolate bars that we don't have in the UK -White Chocolate Twixs. I greedily ate my hoard, and went back for more but, alas, he hasn't stocked them since. I've searched online, and short of ordering a case from Amazon (yes I'm a chocoholic but I'm not that bad, and I get bored easily) I was out of luck. 



Until.. I found a single five-pack of the Holy Grail in the 99p store. I think I might've done a little jig right there in the shop, and I bought them quickly before anyone snatched them from my loving embrace. 

I wasn't sure if the rose-tinted spectacles had cast their bewitching spell on the bars, and given my recent affair with the American Peanut Butter Twix I didn't know if I'd still feel the same way about the white chocolate version after our lengthy time apart. 




I needn't have worried. The combination of crunchy biscuit, smooth caramel and creamy white chocolate was a winner. Each component was perfectly executed which led to an indulgent bar that left me wanting more. 


The different varieties of Twix that I've tried recently have been superb, and I'm quite perturbed that us Brits tend to luck-out when it comes to new flavours. I'm keeping an eager-eye out for the Cappuccino Twix that I've been dying to try since Kev from Kev's Snack Reviews spotted it earlier this year! If you see any whilst out-and-about please give me the heads up as to where I might purchase one (or more!).

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment