Sunday 4 October 2015

New Salted Caramel Squares

I'm a bit disgruntled at the release of these Rice Krispies Squares simply because it replaces the Rocky Road variety in our local ASDA. I particularly enjoyed the Rocky Road flavour because:
It was chocolate-y & It had a good combination of flavours and textures including white chocolate chunks, raisins and marshmallows.

I'm not sure if Kellogg's have stopped making the Rocky Road variety as ASDA was the only stockist of the entire range in my area.

I shouldn't complain too much, because as you may have gathered from my earlier posts, I love caramel... So I decided to see how it faired in comparison to the other Rice Krispies Squares.


I love that each Square is individually wrapped- it may not be good for the environment- but it's much better for transportation purposes (and ultimately stops me from becoming tangled in cling-film whilst attempting to wrap it and stow it in a lunchbox!)



The wrappers are a pretty gold colour, and I was surprised when I opened the packet to find that the colour of the Square itself was a similar colour. I'm not sure why I was fazed by this as caramel is  golden, but for some reason I was expecting it to be the same pale colour of the standard Squares.



The Square tasted sickly with a mere hint of the salt that it promised of. I thought the caramel flavour was nice and strong, but without any other flavours to break it up, it simply felt too saccharine. That may sound daft because the additions to the Rocky Road Squares are all sweet; but I think its the monotony of the salted caramel that led to it's demise. Perhaps I was just hankering for a chocolate element to top it off!

Thankfully I only paid the offer price of £1 for 4 but I won't be rushing out to buy them again as they do lots more flavours that are more appealing!

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment